The Government has issued Presidential Regulation No. 111/2013 in relation to the implementation of the comprehensive social security scheme, and enforcing the mandatory registration for Healthcare Insurance which is managed by the newly established Healthcare and Social Security Agency (Badan Penyelenggara Jaminan Sosial Kesehatan or “BPJS Kesehatan”).
Please find below the updated details of BPJS Health :
- The maximum wage as the basis for calculating the BPJS Health contributions amounted Rp. 12,000,000.00
- This update on BPJS Health contribution shall take effect as of 1 January 2020.
|Effective date||BPJS Health Program contribution rate|
|Borne by employer||Borne by employees|
|Before 1 January 2020||4% up to max. IDR 320,000||1% up to max. IDR 80,000|
|a. 1 January 2020 onwards||4% up to max. IDR 480,000||1% up to max. IDR 120,000|
- The above rates are applied to wages (basic salary and fixed allowances) up to a maximum of IDR 12,000,000 per month.
- The basic contribution provides coverage for a maximum of five family members (Employee, spouse & 3 children), including step-children. Any additional family members such as parents and parent in-law may be registered with a contribution rate of 1% per person per month.
- Contribution payments are due by the 10th of each month or the following work day if the 10th is a public holiday.
The payroll team will process the updated contribution starting on January 2020 onwards.
Please find attached file for update of BPJS health regulation. However, we are sorry these regulation is not available in English Version